Now in Best Fit - Automatic End Weighting alignment, as the deviations between MASTER and MEASURED data shrink - so do the number of iterations that VTube will take to align the measured tube. Tube shapes that are well within tolerance will align faster with Automatic End Weighting than tubes that are out of tolerance.
To allow VTube to accelerate alignments for tubes that are well within tolerance VTube now allows you to choose the Deviation to Tolerance ratio in the Best Fit grid in order to help the Best Fit engine to know what deviation range you consider good enough for a solution.
The ratio can be set from 0 to 1 as a floating point. If you set the value to 0.5, then the Best Fit engine will consider any deviation that is 50% of the tolerance to be good enough to be considered a good solution for the best alignment orientation.
- D/T ratio = 1.0, then any deviation that is equal to or better than the tolerance qualifies.
- D/T ratio = 0.25, then any deviation 25% of the tolerance qualifies.
- D/T ratio = 0.00, then the Best Fit engine will run through all the steps regardless of how well the alignment fits.
- The default value is 0.25.
- This feature only applies to the Best Fit with Automatic End Weighting.